Information Sharing and Opt Out
We do not sell your personal information to anyone for any reason. We do not share it, except for the reasons described below, which are permitted by federal and state law. Therefore, there is no need for you to opt out. If we change our policy, we will tell you and give you a chance to opt out before we share your information.
Confidentiality and Security
We use physical and technical safeguards to protect your information. We restrict access to your information to those who need it to perform their jobs. Third-party business partners are bound by law to use the information only for our purposes. They may not disclose it or use it in any other way. We comply with all data security laws.
Collecting your personal information
We collect personal information about you from different sources. For example, we collect information you send us on applications and forms. We also collect information from your transactions with the insurance companies we represent, others, or us. We may collect information from a consumer-reporting agency or a medical provider. This collection depends on the product or service you request.
Disclosing your personal information
We do not sell your information to anyone. We may disclose this information to our insurance carriers as required or permitted by law. We may disclose your information for a legal or regulatory purpose. These include the following types of information:
- We may disclose information we receive from you on applications and other forms. This may include your name, address, beneficiaries, social security number and family member information. This may also include assets, income, and the property address and value.
- We may disclose information from your transactions with our insurance carriers, or us. This may include your account balance, policy coverage, and payment history. This may also include premium paid, preferences, claims and purchase method.
- We may disclose information we receive from a consumer reporting agency or other report. This may include your credit report, motor vehicle and driver data. This may also include medical and employment data, loss history reports, and other driver data. This disclosure depends on the products you select.
Using your medical information
We sometimes must collect medical information to provide you a product or to pay a claim. We do not use or share it for any purpose, except the following:
- Underwriting Insurance
- Administering your policy, account or claim
- As required or permitted by law
- As otherwise authorized by you
What information does Marrs Maddocks & Associates collect from websites? Marrs Maddocks & Associates may collect the information you provide when you:
- Request information from our website
- Use online tools and calculators
- Apply online for products
- Complete an online form
Marrs Maddocks & Associates contracts with certain unaffiliated business partners who help us deliver online products and services. They may keep the information you provide.
Marrs Maddocks & Associates may collect site-aggregate and customer-specific information about the pages you view on our website. We have the ability to log IP addresses, browser and platform types, domain names, access times and referral data. We also collect information a customer volunteers on surveys and electronic forms. This information is used to improve our Web site.
Other Online Security
We also use a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). This keeps all information confidential when it is sent between our Web site and your computer.
We may keep the email you send to us, your email address, and our reply. Please be careful about the information you give us in an email. As with any public Web site, this communication may not be secure.
Why does Marrs Maddocks & Associates collect information on its Web site?
Marrs Maddocks or our business partners use the information from our Web site for many purposes:
- Edits and feedback
- Marketing and promotions
- Analysis of user behavior
- Product development
- Content improvement
- Customize Web site content and layout
We will provide you a copy of your personal information that we control and can reasonably retrieve.
Please send any inquiries to us at:
Marrs Maddocks & Associates Insurance Services, Inc.
1903 Wright Place, Suite 280
Carlsbad, CA 92008
When you write to us, please include your name, address, insurance carrier and policy number, if you know it.
This privacy statement describes our privacy practices for both current and former customers and prospects.
Thank you for choosing Marrs Maddocks & Associates. We look forward to building a lifetime relationship with you.